Alabama Sales Tax Holiday 2016 news: Covington County Commission confirms Tax Free Weekend
Covington County, Alabama joins the list of Participating Cities to join the Alabama Sales Tax Holiday 2016. Details below:
The Covington County Commission on Thursday agreed to participate in the annual back to school sales tax holiday in August of this year.
In other business, the board:
• Approved budget amendments for the probate judge’s office and the revenue commissioner’s office allowing them to move money and hire temporary, part-time help.
• Agreed to contract with Bagby Elevator for maintenance of the courthouse elevator.
• Retroactively approved the emergency purchase of a 2015 Ford F-150 for the sheriff’s department.
• Declared a 2013 Ford F-250, a 2008 Crown Victoria, a 2010 Crown Victoria, and a 2007 Ford F-150, all sheriff’s department vehicles, surplus. The 2013 Ford F-250 was traded in. The other vehicles will be sold on govdeals.com.
• Tabled requests for permission to change subdivision plans at Sleepy Point at Dunn’s Bridge Road and Stillman Place after residents raised concerns. The county attorney and engineer will research the issues and make recommendations at the next commission meeting.
• Approved a contract for county engineer Lynn Ralls.
For more information on the upcoming Alabama Sales Tax Holiday 2016, visit our Alabama Tax Free Weekend 2016 page, here.